Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Beakskin

So much, I havent had time to write.

















That's all the apologizing I will do. Many people in my life are leaving lately. Star has gone on to France. Ben has gone on to ummm...well, he's gone to the horizon as far as I know (he's elusive). My good friend Eric left this morning (also for France). Did we send him off well? We did indeed. It was a night of really warm feelings, heartsongs, succulent lamb,














children learning, laughs, fire, hugs, fine belgian ales, and sleepy beings holing up behind bookshelves like elven cobblers.















Eric I will see soon however, as I am leaving too. Turns out my contract leads me to Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)













instead of Moscow. I will skulk through Raskolnikov's alleyways


















and eyefuck the winter palace. Its going to be much colder than Moscow, but I am Minnesotan....














I fear no chill. Besides, from what I hear, the Russian longcoat industry


















is second to none. I've felt strange of late. Disconnected. When you've made up your mind to go somewhere, and the departure is imminent, it feels like you've already gone. Im phantomally these days...


















wispy. Selling my possessions, packing boxes, smashing confetti eggs (sorry Star) in my distraction. So it goes. My friends are present a lot of late, and though it sometimes seems as if there is already a spiritual distance wall being erected between us, they are supportive and congratulatory. It is a wonderful opportunity we leavers have. To see another way of living. New worlds in the old world. Hope all ye who read this find happiness and peace today. Embrace your dear ones, for ye know not when they too may leave.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't go back to rockville

and waste another year

did you see stipe with coldplay on acl last night

dude

1/11/2006 02:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home