Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Blurred Highway Vision

Christmas has passed. I spent the holiday with my mother, brother and step-family in Waxahachie, Texas.

The hateful little town I grew up in has changed for the worse. Once merely closed-minded to the point of despair, it is now a closed-minded consumer wasteland teetering ont the brink of incorporation into the DFW metroplex. Years ago, when I still lived there, you could at least attribute the ignorance to how small and rural the town was. Now its just sad and stubborn and paved. Seeing my mom was a treat though, and the same goes for my brother dear. We had fine sweat meats, soft rolls, delicous pies, and smiling laughing chats. Our peaceful reverie was broken only by periodic dogfights

between tiny Arlo (yorkshire terrier, and lord of the house), Belle (playful yellow lab puppy), and Rylie (chocolate lab goofus). I've always been more of a cat person than a dogfan, and this stance was only strengthened by watching the three snarl, leap, bounce, yelp, whimper, simper, drool, paw, scratch, and generally disrupt. I had pie in my belly
for god's sake. I had no patience for dogfights....(annoyed).
Later, I saw Syriana with my mom. The film featured a bearded, portly, George Clooney
speaking Arabic and Farsi the majority of the movie. I really enjoyed it. Some other moviegoers walked out, anticipating Oceans 13: Saudi Arabia!! I expect. I normally don't enjoy films with an immediate and obvious agenda, however when the agenda is to inform and educate about impending crises, I can make an exception.
I have an interview bright and early tomorrow morning with Moscow. If they like what they hear, I will have a postion and a date of departure for my Russiaing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home