Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pursed Whiskers

истребитель!



истребитель!

I want to post some funny cats I've seen around lately. Please enjoy.


бочкообразный




кошмар




громадный


I found the new Destroyer album. Its pretty spectacular, and today I feel the excitment of a fresh morning with new music by my favorite band and journeys and opportunities ahead of me. I even felt some nostalgia for the the ritual of the nativity as I passed an old church's stain glass facade today on my way to work. I remembered playing a shepherd at First Baptist Church when I was 12...which in turn made me remember changing into victorian attire in the bathroom of Dunaway Elementary School for the school's choir (the Barcus Bunch...aptly named for music teacher Eileen Barcus, whose lawn I often watered for 3 dollars a day) production of Scrooge (a pretty tacky modernization of Dickens' classic). I almost tried out for the lead role of that play. To this day I can remember one of the songs. It was called "I hate people." That was the chorus of the song, and it was a call and response with the body of the choir. Scrooge would sneer, "I hate people," and the choir would answer back, "he hates people." That went on for a while. Scrooge's monologue was something like.

Pharisees and parasites
squanderers and fools

calculating swindlers
prevaricating frauds
perpetrating evil as they roam the earth in hoards

feeding on their fellow man
reaping rich rewards
contaminating everything they see
corrupting honest me.....like me.

my memory is spotty as I learned this song when I was 10 or so...the refrain has been going through my mind all morning though, so I thought I'd share it.

радостный рождество



Oh Christmas! you're so expensive!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't hate people, only kids. especially the ones i teach. am i a scroogess for that?

12/16/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lukin said...

Only if you feed them christmas candy with pincers imbedded in the nougat.

12/16/2005 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home