Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sankt Peterburg


Hello All! After a brief visit to my dear Star and various and sundry friends (Eric, the Chemali family) in France, and a quick revisitation of my old stomping grounds in Bilbao, Spain, I have arrived in Russia. I dont have a lot of time to write today. However I will post a few photos to speak for me. A textier update will soon follow. My love to you all!

An old soviet science and math academy in my neighborhood

My building! Look how new and clean!



View across winte the (partially) frozen Neva River of the Winter Palace (aka Hermitage Art Museum)

More to come soon. Sorry for the long wait! Un gran abrazo for you all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and that supermarket aisle fully stocked with only mayonnaise.

3/08/2006 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Angela O. said...

Beautiful--I especially like the Old math & science academy. If you get a chance I'd love to see a photo of the classrooms inside.

We got back from DC Tuesday; Trey didn't make the Foreign Service. The Oral exam was EXTREMELY time constrained. He wasn't expecting it to be near that tough. Not sure if he'll try for it again. DC was extremely windy and cold. Thought about you and wondered if you were in Russia yet.

We miss you at work--angela

3/09/2006 08:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home